Above you can view that the source map can be an object literal containing lots of juicy information:
- Variation quantity that the origin map is situated off
- The file title associated with the generated rule (Your minifed/combined manufacturing file)
- sourceRoot enables you to prepend the sources with a folder structure – this can be additionally a room preserving strategy
- sources contains most of the file names that have been combined
- names contains all variable/method names that appear through your rule.
- Finally the mappings home is where the secret occurs making use of Base64 VLQ values. The real room preserving is completed right here.
Base64 VLQ and maintaining the supply map tiny
Initially the foundation map spec had a tremendously verbose production of all mappings and lead to the sourcemap being about 10 times how big the generated rule. Variation two paid down that by around 50 version and% three paid down it once more by another 50%, therefore for a 133kB file you get by having a
300kB source map. So just how did they reduce steadily the size while nevertheless keeping the complex mappings?
VLQ (Variable size amount) can be used along side encoding the worthiness into a Base64 value. The mappings home is an excellent big sequence. In this sequence are semicolons (;) that represent a line quantity in the generated file. Within each relative line you will find commas (,) that represent each portion within that line. (more…)